A Warm Hello from South Florida!

CandiceD

Hi everyone! I must confess, I have been lurking about these forums for a couple of years now, and *finally* decided to join! Ive worked as a personal assistant before, but my freelance business was really more geared towards website design / development. I started to evolve that towards personal assistance, and then decided to make my biz primarily PA with a specialty in web design.

Im trying to take things to the next level and really get proactive in my biz here, so I thought now is a great time to actually get involved instead of lurk about, network, learn, share and all that fun stuff :D

~ Candice

Thrive

Welcome Candice. I am glad you decided to join in. You will find a wealth of info here to help take that next step, and you can't beat the friendships you make. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Welcome Candice! So glad that you have joined the forums. Since I was a former "lurker" myself I can tell you that it has been most beneficial to become a member. I have learned so much and love the comradery. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

LeeDrozak

Community Leader
Hello Candice and welcome.

Glad that you decided to take the next step and come out form the shadows.

Hopefully someday we can network in person as I slowly make my way south.

PamH53

Hi Candice! It is always nice to welcome another Florida VA.

Lee, if you ever make it down to Florida, let me know and we will schedule a VA meet-up. Candice, I am on the other side of the state, just a short drive along Alligator Alley from you. Good luck with your business. Let us know if you have any questions.

CandiceD

Oooh so great that there are other Floridian VA's here!

Lee, you are planning to move down to FL? Do you have an idea of where you would like to settle down?

Pam, yup..you are just a jump across the alley from me... A FL meetup sounds like a good idea... I would definitely be up for in person networking!

HOBureau

A warm welcome to you Candice:)
Welcome to VAF!
You'll love it here just like others here.
It is like a family. You'll learn, hopefully share, meet people, and all the other fun stuff.
Enjoy your stay and network as much as possible:)

CandiceD

Thanks so much for the welcome and the encouragement Madinah!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

lmgarc

Hey Candice!

Another Miami girl here, too! Glad to see you here... let me know about the FL meetup, I need an excuse to visit home.

Welcome!
Laura

CandiceD

Oh boy, Ive read so much that I feel like I practically know many of you hehehehe!! Thanks for the welcome Laura! Did you ever get your new logo worked out?? Im following that thread, cause I'm interested to see what you decided on! :D

jscott

Welcome Candice!

I have continued to lurk even after becoming a member, mostly because I was working full-time and contemplating starting a VA business, then while in the process of preparing for my 1st child to arrive, my father asked me to work from home for his company so that I could stay home with my little guy. While I've have a full-time contract with him, I'm in the beginning phases of starting a VA business so I can make some additional money and also prepare for when/if he decides to retire, in case his current company doesn't continue on (which I doubt, but I still need to prepare).

Looking forward to getting to know you (and everyone else) as I become more active in the forum :)

CandiceD

Oh Jill that sounds fantastic!!! And I say definitely take advantage of any way you can stay home with kiddo and be able to work! Mine is 16 now, Ive been a WAHM ever since she started school, and I think its made a *huge* difference. Also I think its made an impact on her view of work and the value of money, cause she actually sees how hard I work to make a living. Not to mention, how awesome take your child to work days were..she got hang out in her jammies and watch movies all day lol

Ohh another Florida lady, nice to meet you too mmangen! Im planning a day trip soon to visit the Ringling Museum! :)

lmgarc

Hey Candice,

I just posted the new version, feel free to take a look and let me know what you think!

Thrive

Ok, I have to chime in here. Candice lived in Fort Lauderdale from 1991 to 2005 gotta say I miss so many of my friends. Lots of Floridians here.
Lee, you are working your way down, and I am trying to work my way back up north. Go figure.

Laura love the logo. I too am working on mine, and trying to work purple into it as well. haha

Last edited:

CandiceD

I just saw your logo and gave my thoughts...in short...I really like it!!!!!!!

Oh Thrive, I actually did quite a bit of my growing up in FLL!! I left when I was a teen though so I dont really remember much of anything of living there...except for movie nights at the Swap Shop hehehehe!!! Even though Miami is *right* next door, its really like a completely different world. My friends throughout FL joke they cant come visit me because they havnt renewed their passport *argh!* But I do love it down here :)