Accountability partner?

MissChelseaNS

I'm just starting out, and was looking to maybe find another person who is at the same stage I am. Someone who is just beginning their business. To maybe have someone to talk to or bounce ideas off of, etc. Anyone else in this initial phase who would be interested? :seeya:

Kendra

Actually this is a great place to bounce ideas around. You have a huge range of folks here - people who are just starting out as well as those that have been doing this for a number of years. That will give you a bigger range of knowledge than just one other person.

ParadiseLegal

I'm with Kendra. I don't mean to sound funny, but you might want a "seasoned vet" as opposed to a newbie like yourself to bounce your ideas around with or you may run into the proverbial "blind leading the blind"... Just my $.02. Trust me, no one will think less of you because we've ALL been there! Take the opportunity to join some groups and read through the forums here to glean from all the information available and find other newbies to buddy up with, but definitely take advantage of the range of folks here, too.

I'm always open to questions and sharing. If you can't reach me here, I'm available via email or phone as well - and, of course, social media!

Patrick

Hi MissChelseaNS. I'm just starting off (opened for business as of Jan 1st)...and am open to any conversation, here, via email, or even phone.

Have a great day!

MissChelseaNS

I completely understand. :) Makes sense. I'm just trying to get off the ground with an already busy schedule, and I'm of course wanting to be profitible as soon as possible with as few mistakes as possible. Everyone's dream right? ;) But I'd love to get as much info as possible from anyone available.

Kendra

Go thru this forum and click everything...and I mean everything! Yep very time consuming but very educational and very rewarding. You will learn of ton of stuff, much of which you never even thought of. You will learn the mistakes that others have made so that you don't make them. And you will learn what has worked for others. It really is a great place here with a ton of wonderful people - both new and old (not in age of course!)

MissChelseaNS

Exactly what I'm looking for. ;) Plus, it would be nice to have people to talk to about this business. Is it just me, or when you mention to friends and family that you're interested in doing this, they ask what in the world that job is and how did you hear of it? lol It's like being the first telephone operator. What in the world is that and how do you talk into it? Kinda scary and it feels very isolated at times.

mskelly1975

Exactly what I'm looking for. ;) Plus, it would be nice to have people to talk to about this business. Is it just me, or when you mention to friends and family that you're interested in doing this, they ask what in the world that job is and how did you hear of it? lol It's like being the first telephone operator. What in the world is that and how do you talk into it? Kinda scary and it feels very isolated at times.
MissChelseaNS,
I completely understand how you feel. I have learned that you can't explain the VA business to people who have no interest or no clue, for that matter. I don't try to vent to family and friends about it-especially the ones that can care less. My boyfriend is my biggest cheerleader and the president of my fan club. He loves the idea of the business, my motivation, my will to succeed and the fact that I actually work in my business-even though, technically I am not open for business as of yet.

MissChelseaNS,

I'm a newbie also. I completely agree with the other members here to go through the various forums, as I do everyday! haha but I would be interested in an accountability partner. I actually just emailed someone else in another forum about it, but they are more so freelance writers. I would love to do something with another aspiring VA. I think it's more so just a pushing support of daily little tasks. No offense to the board at all! I love reading all the helpful tips!

Here is my email: [email protected]

Hi MissChelseaNS & Taya,

I was just thinking about the same thing: having an accountability partner to talk to about daily tasks or just how to get unstuck. I feel like I start with good intentions to work on my business as I am in the very beginner stage and then I get overwhelmed, paralyzed and finally stuck because it seems like there is so much information out there I am on overload. Help! I think I am a little late on this thread but those were my thoughts that I wanted to share. Any thoughts or feedback from anyone? Thanks in advance.

Tracey

Teresa M

This site is an awesome place to get alot of ideas. It is also nice to be able to pick up a phone and call someone just to hear a positive voice and not read it.