Question Any Professional Organizers on the board?

kkaiser

I would like to offer organizational services such as file setup, quicken setup & maintenance (more bookkeepingish, but for individuals) and the such. I was also thinking of recipe organization into electronic format. Does anyone do this sort of stuff? If so, is it lucrative?
Thanks

MontereyBayVA

I do it for fun -- and I think it is lucrative. I think its best to have other things you offer as well, but.....people like to be organized. Besides, you should do what you like to do! Your exuberance with your work is what makes people sucessful, IMO!

Lesley

Rebecka Melson

I provide organization services to my local clients. I go in and setup a file system, organize their office and re-arrange it to make it more productive if needed. It's not something I advertise but I get quite of few requests for it. It can be lucrative if you want it to be.

virtual writing

I agree with Rebecka. While I'm doing other things for clients, many times what they really need is basic desktop organization, systems set-up, etc., so they don't waste so much time fumbling around. I think it's a great service to offer, BUT many if not most won't pay to get it done - it's not a budget item, know what I mean? Now, if you could figure out how to make it a budget item ...

kkaiser

For a couple clients I have done some organizing to prepare them for tax preparation time (through my employer; I plan on offering myself this year). They have been amazed at some of the extra deductions we have found just by getting them really organized and setting up their Quicken categories properly.

I will be offering electronic organization in my business for my clients. One thing I have decided on is to charge "premium" prices if I have to travel to their location. Has anyone considered this or do you just keep your prices the same if you go to a clients location?

AssistanceEase

I am a professional organizer (one of many hats LOL) and yes it is something people will pay for? You just have to figure out what your niche is and what people would pay for it.

dburtaine

I love organizing and was thinking of offering it to local clients. It is good to hear that this has worked well for some people.