Considering Mentorship....How To Find A Mentor

Good Evening Friends,

I am aware that every successful person in business had a "Mentor" and I desire to do the same thing butm do not know how to pick one. How do you know that they are sincere in coaching and mentoring you and not just in it for thee money. I amm looking for one of course that has been successful in the VA Industry and I have taking a look at a couple of websites, not sure. I want to be successful in this industry as I am sure we all desire this and I am not niave to think I can do it on my own.

Im not looking for someone to do the work for me, Im looking for someone who truly dosent mind sharing the roadmap they took and its up to date with our current time. I dont even mind investing in it because in the long run Im investing in me.

I guess y question is" How and Where do I find a VA mentor and what qualifications do I look at when considering one"?

I am open to any and all suggestions and input.....please help!!!!

Virtualleide

Well you can always get a mentor from score.org It"s a free non profit organization. Now as far as them having any VA"s mentoring I don't know, but the people that mentor are successful business owners with different niches. I hope this helps.

Office Goddess

There are tons of mentors that don't charge! I have mentored up-and-coming VAs in the past and would be glad to answer any questions you may have at this point. PM me, Skype me, or email me with a list of questions. My contact info is in my profile.

mshort

I was actually thinking the same thing, I have talked to one who charges $50 dollars a month but I am not sure if that is the road that I want to take. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hbplifestyle

It's funny recently I've discovered finding a mentor is kind of like finding a babysitter for your kids. You'll just know when you find the right one. Take a look at your specific niche that you want help with and google it with the word mentor. Jot a few down and go to forums to see if others have gone through the program as well.

You can learn alot from people just watching them on forums like this.

Ladies,

Thank you so much for your responses and I apologized that I am just getting around to responding. Things are moving fast on my end and its a good as well as a bad thing.

Goddess, I am going to take you up on the offer real soon :happydance:I just feel that I need some one on one and you hear alot of successful people say that as well.

LeeDrozak

Community Leader
I do mentoring as well and like Collette stated it is just finding the right fit. I have developed some great relationships through mentoring and found a few sub-contractors too. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need to chat again.

Y

yourbesthelpva

I never really thought about finding a mentor. I had a life coach which really didn't work out for me because I didn't really see any good follow-up or progress. Maybe that was because he was doing it pro-bono. I don't know. I would like to find a mentor because I am getting a little discouraged and want to be successful in this industry. I am relaunching my business after sitting out a year and I am hoping that this year would be better.

Nikki

tecoleman13

I have been looking for a mentor for some time. I did try searching VAF but can't seem to find the list mentioned. I am serious about finding a mentor and would appreciate any volunteers or suggestions.

Thank you!!!

adavant

I do mentoring in the form of an "intern" program. I have my interns do small tasks for me weekly in exchange for some free training and mentoring I offer on a weekly basis. The model has worked well for me.

ladylaura71

I also like the idea of having a mentor to assist with newbies who are just starting out and overwhelmed or just learning the ropes. I too have searched the forums for a mentor list with no luck in locating the link or posts to it. I have heard of SCORE too but wanted to find someone through the forums instead who has started where the newbies have and now have a successful business up and running. any thoughts on where to locate a mentor or the link to the mentor list that was mentioned?

ashields1133

I'll admit, I haven't thought about this until I saw this thread, but I think it is a great idea. I would love to have a chance to pick someone's brain for some insight on starting up. : )

ladylaura71

I am glad to know I am not the only one who was thinking about this. It is a lot to learn and know when first starting off and trying to make sure you are doing everything right and getting to work with a mentor just makes good sense :) Now where to find one..... humph... :)

Blessedmomof5

I work with Cindy Greenway and she's helped me a lot. She's pushes and is able to ask great questions but it ends up being up to me as far as how fast I grow my business.

Jan