Display suppliers

Hi, I’m new to Arduino. I bought a starter kit about a year ago and finally thought of something I could try to make with it - I learn better if I can think of something to do rather than just looking at tutorials.

I had an old audio timer - basically a digital clock that will, at certain times, turn on a mains output. It stopped working a while back. Seems like a simple project to replicate with a Uno, and so far it all works. I haven’t tried the switching of mains yet, that seems to be just a case of adding a solid-state relay, or maybe even using the relay that was in the old device. LCD Display Manufacturers

But, I’m struggling to find a suitable display for it. I have an opening in the case (I want to use the old case if I can) around 25mm x 80mm. All my testing is using an OLED 0.96" display, but that’s not going to be any good for the real thing because it’s so small.

Can anyone point me to decent suppliers who might have a range of displays? I’ve spent a bit of time on eBay, but there I run into page after page of the same item, with the same photo and not enough information to pick. Similarly AliExpress - loads of choice, not usually much information.

I’m trying to stick with I2C and a Nano, mainly because I’ve got a Nano and it seems like such a basic task. Obviously if there’s no way to do it on that platform and I have to go bigger / better, then I can look at that. I did have a look at using the original display, but I don’t think my electronic “skills” are up to it.

If the answer is to just spend more time on Ali / eBay then fair enough, feel free to point that out too.

Devesh

Devesh

Devesh