Link Does my website look professional enough?

HOBureau

Hi beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen!

I'm still a new VA who recently launched her business and website, and would really appreciate getting some tips.
Please take few seconds of your time and let me know what you think of my website.

Is it professional enough?
Does it look clear and presentable?
Would you change anything if it was your website?
Would you add anything?

Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you in advance!:seeya:

wpanddesign

I think it looks really good - you spell out what they need to know and have the appropriate links and have all the right info. Good luck!

Business-Bytes

Hi Madinah,

My only suggestion aesthetics-wise (didn't read through all the copy for typos and such) is to move the mouse image in the header further to the left. It gets cutoff in the header as it is now.

Oh! And your copyright year needs to be 2013 now. :) What I've done to take care of this issue (it is a big pain to remember when you have multiple sites and client sites!) is to use a little php code added to the footer:

PHP:
<?php echo date ("Y"); ?>

And...to use the copyright symbol (if your template isn't already), you need to use this code (there are browsers that don't recognize the actual symbol):

HTML:
&copy;

Be sure to include the & at the beginning and the ; at the end. Just put a space after this little symbol code and then the php code.

To get a bit fancier I've done: &copy; 2008- and the php code right after the dash (no space--but you can do a space before and after the dash if you prefer). That shows when I started my business through the current year. It pops the new year in there automatically. Pretty cool because you don't have to remember to update it each year. :happydance:

Since you're using Blogger, you'll have to locate where the footer text is. In regular WordPress (.org) it is in the footer.php file.

Having your website up and running is a GREAT feeling! Good job!

Hope this helps a bit. :)

HOBureau

OMG OMG OMG Jules!

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!
LOL! I didn't even notice the 2012 thing hahahaha. I totally and completely forgot! Thank you sooo much! I've also adjusted the mouse:)
I'll try the automatic year update, but I doubt that it will work on blogger. Maybe it will. Never know till you try. I was trying to change it to WordPress, but I already had this domain name from blogger couple of months prior to deciding on becoming a virtual assistant. At the time, I only knew about freelance writing.

Once again, THANKS!

Hi Madinah,

My only suggestion aesthetics-wise (didn't read through all the copy for typos and such) is to move the mouse image in the header further to the left. It gets cutoff in the header as it is now.

Oh! And your copyright year needs to be 2013 now. :) What I've done to take care of this issue (it is a big pain to remember when you have multiple sites and client sites!) is to use a little php code added to the footer:

PHP:
<?php echo date ("Y"); ?>

And...to use the copyright symbol (if your template isn't already), you need to use this code (there are browsers that don't recognize the actual symbol):

HTML:
&copy;

Be sure to include the & at the beginning and the ; at the end. Just put a space after this little symbol code and then the php code.

To get a bit fancier I've done: &copy; 2008- and the php code right after the dash (no space--but you can do a space before and after the dash if you prefer). That shows when I started my business through the current year. It pops the new year in there automatically. Pretty cool because you don't have to remember to update it each year. :happydance:

Since you're using Blogger, you'll have to locate where the footer text is. In regular WordPress (.org) it is in the footer.php file.

Having your website up and running is a GREAT feeling! Good job!

Hope this helps a bit. :)

HOBureau

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate you taking time to check my website:)
That actually motivates me more:D