Facebook Admin for Client - now we're friends. Now what?

Sylvana

Hi there,

I recently made myself an Admin for a Clients Business FB page however FB required me to first be a 'friend' to my client in order to do so. Since you can't 'friend' someone on/through their business page I had to go through both our personal pages.

Now, though I am realizing that because of this my client will now be able to see all my personal posts (not that they are that kind of person at all but it's not a desirable situation professionally speaking).

I am wondering if more experienced social media VA's might have a solution to this - is there another way? I don't want to change the settings on every personal post I send out to accommodate this so maybe I need to set up an in-active personal account to use for my clients 'friend' page to be their Admin.

I set up a gmail business address to use for managing my clients gmail mail accounts so it would be the same thing as that really.

Thanks!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Facebook Admin for Client - set up

Hi Sylvana! I don't know how this thread (and excellent question!) got missed... you may have solved this already - but here's my take on it.

You can put your client on a restricted list in your Facebook settings. From Facebook's FAQ:
When you add someone to your Restricted list, they'll only be able to see your Public content or posts that you tag them in. So if you put your boss on your Restricted list, post a photo and choose Friends as the audience, your boss (and anyone else on Restricted) won't see that photo.

For future reference - you don't actually have to be their friend to take on an admin role. They would just need to type in your email address (the one associated with your FB account) to invite you to manage the page.

I hope that helps! :)

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hello Sylvana,

I don't know if this is a possibility for you but I have the usernames and passwords to my client's accounts including the personal accounts so I can post as my client that way. It might not be a possibility for you but might be something to consider for the future.

Janine

Christina

I would just setup a dummy page as a personal page and use this for future. This way all of your clients are under one login.

gary888

Dear :

Great News! We now offer, aside from the website design services, the following packages to help you more achieve your business goals . Please see below and let me know if interested :

1. Online Marketing:
  • SEO
  • Social Media Marketing
  • Newsletter
  • Forum/Blog
  • Email Marketing
  • Manage Social Media Advertising
    • Post Boosting (Client will pay)
    • Google Adwords (client will pay)
  • Infographics
  • Leads Generation/Lead Capture page

2. Back Office
  • Accounting
  • Bookkeeping (client will provide Quickbooks account)
  • Payroll (using client's tool)
  • Data Entry
  • Minor research
  • Powerpoint creation
  • Infographics

3. Virtual Assistant
  • Customer Service
  • Email Management
  • Appointment Setting

Let us know if you need more services. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Gary Marquez
----------------------
Sales Executive
Proweaver Web Solutions
Phone No: 949-242-0517
Company Email: [email protected]