Facebook Promotion?

I already have people that like my business Facebook page. What are your thoughts on running a promotion to share a status to be entered into a drawing for a gift card? I was thinking that it might be an easy way to use my warm market to reach out to all of their friends. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

ConciergeDiva

I think that's a great idea. People will get excited and go hard to promote. And once it's promoted on their page, it's not like they can change who seen it even if they didn't win. It's already out there.

VN Linda

That sounds like a really cool idea and you see so much of this type of thing on Facebook - if you go ahead would be great to hear how it went for you

Susankelly

You mean a Facebook Contest? I think any sort of gift giveaway falls under the rules set by Facebook for contests. A couple of years ago I was going to do this for a clients but back then you had a million hoops to jump thru to make it legal on FB. They have since made the rules much more simple but I've not done one with the new rules.

I'd like to know how you're experience goes with this, good idea.

Thanks everyone! I think it would be a great way to reach a few more people. Thanks Susan, I will make sure and look into the contest specifics on Facebook beforehand. Definitely don't want to get in trouble and lose my page!

Nizam18

Page promotions are Facebook ads you create directly from your business Page, in contrast to ads you can create in Ads Manager. Promote Website. Promote Page. Promote Event.