Google+ Training

JoLeicester

I have signed up for Google apps for business and am loving it. As part of the setup I created a Google+ account which I am going to use as part of my social media marketing.

I have never used Google+ before and am not finding it all that intuitive. Does anyone know of any good training, either books or video?

Thanks
Joanne

JoLeicester

Wow, great link, thanks. I was thinking about recording video for my site and potentially YouTube - looks like Google can do it all for me for free:)

Joanne

LuzDonahue

VAF Community Leader
I love Google Plus! One of my goals is to get much more active on it. I have seen clients experience success with it and it can definitely help you with seo.

Disclaimer: Author bias....

In the Become a Social Media Virtual Assistant eBook I wrote for VAF (and in the class) there is a a chapter/session on Google Plus. This would give you a foundation to get started and it also includes a lot on the other social networks, plus contracts and templates.

Aside from that, I can also tell you that I personally joined a few Google Plus related Google Plus communities and I find them very informative and helpful. I would also recommend Guy Kawasaki's "What The Plus". Hope this helps out :)

VA Karen

Good resources. Thank you. I took a look at Google + and was like "huh? what?". These resources will help me become familiar with it so I'll know more about what I should be doing, instead of being confused.

LAVAS

Hi Karen,
I am just getting into Google+ as well. There are several good VA and marketing groups to join and lots of extremely helpful people out there. I also find that it's not that intuitive but by getting involved with other groups it's helped me navigate and learn more each time I am on. I still have to try Google Hangouts.
I am listed under Lorree Appleby if you would like to add me to your circles and I will add you to mine too.

JoLeicester

Thanks Luz. Your book &/or class are on my wishlist, just not within my reach at the moment. In the meantime Guy Kawasaki is a name I'm hearing quite often, I think I'll check his ebook out.

Joanne