Happy to be Here

JeanetteKierstead

I've been lurking in the forums for a few days loving all the information that's being shared. It's been extremely helpful to me.

A little about me; my name is Jeanette. For many years, I worked as a secretary/dispatcher while completing my associates degree in accounting. I changed directions completely after being laid off from my job four years ago. For the past three and a half years, I've been a freelance writer for a few online content sites. I've written thousands of articles from 300 word product descriptions to 600 word blog posts and 1000 word About pages.

I've enjoyed writing online content for the most part, I've loved it really, but I'd like to actually help clients with their overall business. It hurts my little helper soul to see glaring mistakes or overwhelmed business owners and not be able to give them advice or help. Plus, I'd like to work with people one-on-one or as a virtual partner in their business. Writing is a really lonely business at times!

I'm in the beginning stages of creating my business. Trying to figure out my niche, which might include building Wordpress pages and providing content. I've created more than a few sites with Wordpress in the past year because for a while I thought I'd do some affiliate marketing. Content creation and website building would probably be my specialty. I'd also like to do some self publishing services perhaps, since I've formatted many ebooks.

Still narrowing down services, the business name, logo and dozens of tiny details.

Oh boy, that might have been a bit rambling. I have a tendency to do that when I'm writing for myself. The lack of word count restraints makes me giddy!

Thanks for hanging in there! I look forward to connecting with others on the forums.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Jeanette!

Welcome to VAF!

I love your phrase, 'little helper soul'! Nicely put!

I can tell you that formatting for ebooks is a sought after skill. I'm going to PM you because I need assistance with a small project and would like to work with you.

Publishing skills are indeed in great demand overall. Offering soup-to-nuts and done for you services is a great way to package your services and offer value to your author-clients.

I look forward to hearing more from you here on VAF.

Best,

Janine

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jeannette, welcome!
Sounds like you're going to be writing, among other things - unless you're looking for a change!
I agree with Janine that eBook formatting and related services are always in demand. Editing of course as well...

It's great to have you here, I'll look forward to chatting with you more on the forums!

JeanetteKierstead

Thanks for the welcome, Janine and Tess!

I definitely want to expand my services to include other parts of the writing process, specifically editing, publishing and websites for books. I have loved writing, but I'm experiencing some burnout there and want to do a variety of things. I think that's what appeals to me most about being a VA, the variety of tasks and daily changes.

Looking forward to connecting with everyone here! I'm off to jump in on some other conversations.