Hello from Australia

Wendy Spencer

Hi, i'm a new Aussie member who is looking forward to taking part in the many interesting discussions going on in these forums.

I am fairly new to the world of VAs so I am still learning and slowly improving. Marketing is my biggest bugbear and getting clients to come on board when I haven't as yet built up a "success profile". Understandably potential clients want someone with experience and someone they can trust. I know I'm all of these things, but I need to convince them!!!

Anyway it feels comfortable to be in a community of like minded people who don't mind sharing their secrets to success. Thank you.

Wendy

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wendy, so great to have you here :)

There is lots of info and inspiration for you to get in gear with your marketing - and consistent marketing is the only way to keep any new business afloat so don't be shy about diving into the conversations here with your questions and comments.

Also know that confidence is a HUGE factor, your clients will feel that they can rely on and trust you when you bring forward and communicate a state of confidence in your abilities - so start repeating those mantras! :)

Looking forward to chatting with you on the boards...

Wendy Spencer

Great advice, thanks! I will need to practice confidence. When you are new to business you tend to feel that everyone you approach is aware of this fact. I need to not act as if I have a neon sign flashing "here comes a beginner". Yes, I can see how having confidence can be a big part of building success.

Wendy

joannatubbs

Welcome to the Forum. Keep at it and it will work. It's hard getting people to trust you but once you've got one or two then it will soon get busier!

kathiemt

Hi Wendy, I missed your post! Welcome, great to see another Aussie here. I'm in Victoria and have been a VA since the mid 90s. You need to use your past experience as an employee to start with till you build up your own client base. Did you have any achievements, successes or anything of that kind while in a job? Those things you can use to show your experiences - it's how I got started.

Anyway, this forum will give you tons of information and you'll learn things quite quickly. Congrats on joining our industry!