Hello from Portland, Oregon!

saves-the-day

Hello everyone!
I am so excited to be here. I was hoping to find a community based forum rather than just using Facebook Groups, and here you are!

I'm just starting out on my virtual assistance career. I currently work as an executive assistant for a large teaching hospital, as well as attend college as a computer science student. My main goal is to make as much working part time as I currently do full time working as a VA.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my niche and my branding/identity, and it has been coming together so well. My business name is Saves the Day Business Solutions. I hope to break into a very specific niche that tends to appreciate the not-so-serious, so the theme is going to be kind of comic book-ish. My fiancee is an artist, so I get all of my stuff professionally designed (however it takes WEEKS longer than what it would if I were going with someone I actually paid, lol).

Anyways, I can't wait to start networking with you all and getting to know you.

Morgan

Tamara

Welcome Morgan! You are among friends. You will find a ton of information on this site as well as a wonderful, knowledgeable support network to bounce your ideas off of. I'm actually flying to Portland this weekend to help my daughter move into her new downtown apartment (just an excuse to see her). She is an artist as well. Not a surprise since Portland is a magnet for creative talent.

michelle411

Hello, Morgan. I recently joined the forum a few weeks ago, and I have learned so much from the members. There is a ton of information here, and sometimes I will start thumbing through the forum reading what others have written when I look up at the clock, and an hour has passed easily.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Morgan, welcome to the forums :)
Just wanted to check in to see how things are going with you and your business - have you made the progress you were hoping for? Keep us updated on how things are going for you and don't be shy about posting to the boards!

Glad you're here!