Howdy from Austin, TX

Hi,
my name is Larisa and I have been a lurker for quite some time now. I have decided to stop dating the forums and commit to them. :thumbsup:

I am in the startup process of starting my VA business (The Savvy Professional) in which I will offer administrative and basic recruiting/HR services. I am having trouble deciding my target market and figuring out how to find clients. Hopefully, I will be able to launch in the next three weeks. The information found on VAF has been very valuable and helped so much. I'm sure I will be asking a ton of questions. I look forward to networking and gaining valuable insight from the forum and you guys.

Larisa Williams
The Savvy Professional

Hi Larisa,
Welcome to the forums!
As a former lurker myself I can tell you that it is much better to be a member. I have learned so much from the boards, Brainstorming calls and the VA Jumpstart Class. I now feel much more confident about launching my business. This is a very supportive community. Good Luck to You!

Howdy fellow Texan! I am in Dallas and am fairly new to the VA world as well. It has been fun to engage fellow VA's in business ideas and discussions here on the forums. Helpful too to just know that others are in the same boat, so to speak.

Good Luck to you!

Hi Larisa,
Welcome to the forums!
As a former lurker myself I can tell you that it is much better to be a member. I have learned so much from the boards, Brainstorming calls and the VA Jumpstart Class. I now feel much more confident about launching my business. This is a very supportive community. Good Luck to You!
Hi Melody,
I have actually learned a lot from this forum already. I am looking forward to taking the VA Jumpstart Class in efforts to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, so to speak. Thanks for the encouragement and I look forward to connecting with you in other discussions. By chance, when are you expecting to launch.

R,
Larisa Williams
The Savvy Professional

Howdy fellow Texan! I am in Dallas and am fairly new to the VA world as well. It has been fun to engage fellow VA's in business ideas and discussions here on the forums. Helpful too to just know that others are in the same boat, so to speak.

Good Luck to you!
Hi Cindyl,
Always great to meet others in the same state. Dallas is not too far away. Thanks for the encouragement. As a new VA business owner, I hope your business if off to a great start. Look forward to engaging in more discussions.

R,

Larisa Williams
The Savvy Professional

Last edited:
Hi!
I'm from Austin as well.... Cedar Park actually. I've gotten a lot of great help on here as well.
Hello Lindsay!!
Nice to meet you. You are located close to me - I live in Round Rock. I checked out your website - looks nice. If you don't mind me asking, are you clients based locally in Texas or other areas throughout the US. Thanks!

Thrive

Hi Larisa glad you committed. That is a great way to put it. I am fairly new myself, and it's funny how we all lurk about and then finally bite the bullet and join. I guess it really is commitment, Because when I decided to join, there was no turning back. Hanging around the forums was awesome, but truly being a part is something so different in itself. Good Luck.

Hello Lindsay!!
Nice to meet you. You are located close to me - I live in Round Rock. I checked out your website - looks nice. If you don't mind me asking, are you clients based locally in Texas or other areas throughout the US. Thanks!

We were in Round Rock for about a year before moving over here. Nice to find someone close. It's kind of split on where my clients are. I have some that are here in Austin and one up in Dallas. I also have a few in other states as well.

Hi Larisa,
I just completed the VA Jumpstart Class with Lee last week. I now need to complete my website, contracts, welcome packet and get my bank account established. I hope to have everything ready to rock 'n roll in the next month.

I already have my first client, someone I have known for years. She has been very supportive of my business and it certainly helps to learn the ropes while with a friend! I also have a potential client in the works -having a hard time coordinating our schedules to meet with her. So I am happy to report that I am making progress.

Establishing your ideal client and target market is difficult in the beginning. The Jumpstart class and ebook have been helpful in that regard. I think that utilizing your network is extremely important in getting that first client and potential referrals.

Looking forward to hearing more about your business!

Hi Larisa glad you committed. That is a great way to put it. I am fairly new myself, and it's funny how we all lurk about and then finally bite the bullet and join. I guess it really is commitment, Because when I decided to join, there was no turning back. Hanging around the forums was awesome, but truly being a part is something so different in itself. Good Luck.
Hello Thrive,
Thank you for the welcome. You are exactly right in regards to lurking and biting the bullet. The community here is very supportive and I am appreciative of the insight, advice, and wisdom. I look forward to connecting in the forums.

R,

Larisa Williams
The Savvy Professional

Thanks for sharing Lindsey. It helps as I am trying to determine how to find clients -thinking ahead. Working on marketing material now --> business cards and website. I know it will come together soon. Thanks again.

Hi Melody,
Very nice to meet you. I'm happy that your business is getting off to a great start, even before the official launch date. We seem to be working on some of the same items (website, welcome packet, etc.). However, I will take the Jumpstart VA class to make sure I am crossing all my T's and dotting all my I's, so to speak.

I heard several seasoned VA professional mention networking to get clients. That terrifies me in a way because I have never been good at it but I know I can do it. Thanks for sharing your experience and I look forward to connecting with you.

R,

Larisa Williams
The Savvy Professional