Lets be friends

rb246

Hi All,

I'm proud to announce I have finally finished my website at VirtualDetails.com

I hope you'll take the chance to glance at it and friend me on Facebook, twitter, or linkedin.

Best,
Rob

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Hi Rob,

Nice job on the website!

The only suggestion I would make is to add yourself to the site. Perhaps a photo and a bio or something who shows who Rob is. People connect personally when they first come to your site so I would only suggest that you include more of who you are to make that connection.

Best to you!

Janine

Susankelly

Nice job on the website. I know some might say that you are using too much space with the graphic and you should move the text up so people can know right away what you do. I don't always buy into that one, I think most people know what a virtual assistant does and if not they will click on the FAQ page. All that being said, I really like the website, I love simplicity.

rb246

Thanks for the feedback. The only reason I didn't actually add myself to the website is because I'm younger and so far in my career that has acted as a hurdle. :(

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Rob,

Let your experience and the value you bring to your clients speak for itself. There are many young people who have shown that they have the goods to do a great job for their clients.

Best,

Janine

LeeDrozak

Community Leader
Looks good my suggestion are

-- change the copy on your home page to address your clients and not you
-- I get the 3 images (wine glass, etc.) but they may confuse some.
-- add more copy on the pages for SEO purposes

And I agree with Janine, you need something about you. Take the fact that you are young and turn it into a positive. People do business with who they know and trust.

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Overall I like it too! But I do agree it would be helpful to see who you are - don't worry about the age thing. There are SO many entrepreneurs under 40, 30, and such - no one bats an eye anymore at age (and if they do then maybe they're not the client you want to be working with anyway...)

People see youth and assume you're up-to-date on the latest social media or web development trends. Use it to your advantage.

That said, a few other notes (because I'm picky about spacing :) )

On your home page I don't understand how the pics of wine and yarn tie in to the content just below that - I felt like I was waiting to see what those were about and then when I saw '0 sick days' etc it didn't really make sense to me (in terms of spacing)
I suggest: get rid of the pics of wine and/or move up those points about '0 sick days' so there's not so much spacing issue down there.

On the services page I don't understand the three bars to the right - are those gradations of your skills in those areas? I wanted to click on them to see what services they included but no dice...

Also, Here’s a list of one of the many ways I can help you or your business. If you have a job that is not listed reach out to me for a chat about how I can help. doesn't read right to me - I'd suggest Here’s a list of the many ways I can help you and/in (?) your business. If you have a job that is not listed reach out to me for a chat about how I can help.

Spacing on the FAQ page is also wonky - not sure if you spaced those out in 'sections' or if it's just my browser (I hate Chrome but always use it because, you know - Chrome is the new IE and if there's anything 'wrong' that's going to show up it'll be in Chrome ;) ... ugh!)

Contact page is missing some information about where you are located - no it doesn't matter but assuming you're in the States it's to your advantage to disclose at least your state if not your city (this is just my opinion).

OK, I hope you're not sorry you asked :)

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! I just read Lee and Janine's replies more thoroughly - that's 3 votes for a pic of you and at least 2 to fix that spacing on the home page (I say get rid of the pics at the bottom and keep the icons with text...) ;)

Rob,

I really like your website! It's simple, yet professional looking. It is easy to interact with and the color scheme is just right. I really liked the idea of you posting quotes from various publications about virtual assistants on your home page. There were only two things that I noticed that can come across as confusing:

-The pics of the wine, ball of yarn and the tie on the Home Page. At first glance, it did not fit in with the flow of your website until I placed my cursor over each picture to get a description of what they all meant.

-The bars that has "Management, Administration, and Marketing" on the Services. When I first saw it, I immediately thought they were to compare your levels of experience in those subjects. For example, you have the most experience in Management and the least experience in Marketing.

I am also new to the world of Virtual Assistants and am young myself. So, I definitely understand how that can place hurdles in your career path. However, we must find the positives in our youth and use it to our advantage! We have so much to offer yet so much to learn from all of these great people here.

Good Luck!