News New Work At Home Scam Circulating on the Internet

uniquely40

I spoke about this in the chat room. A couple of weeks ago I receive an email from a Mr. Michael Rosenberg from the Lasansessile Group, he is from their HR. This company is based in Italy, at Lasansessile Group,
Viale Giovanni Gronchi 1, Pisa, Tuscany, I-56121, Italy.

The following is the email that was send to me on February 3, 2011. Their website went live in Febraury 2011. Their website read the website carefully. I never applied to this company for any work, can't say how they got my company's email address; their use the email will my name and my company web address, I usually don't give that out.

Dear Job Seeker, we are happy to inform you that you may be a suitable candidate
for a Customer Payment Assistant position. You can find additional information about Your salary, work schedule and
duties in section "Vacancies"(Customer Payment Assistant position) at our website: lasansessile.com
Important: you should be not less than 30 years old to start with this position.
If You are interested in Customer Payment Assistant position and would like to start new carrier with our company,
please see how to register with Lasansessile Group:
1. Fill in this form on Your computer and send it to our e-mail [email protected]:
First Name:
Middle Initial:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
City:
State:
ZIP Code:
Home Phone:
Cell Phone:
E-mail:
2. As soon as we receive Your filled form and Your confirmation that You are ready to start, we will send You the
Employment Agreement form. You should sign it and send it back by fax or e-mail.
3. When we get the signed Agreement form we'll start our cooperation with You, and our supervisors team will give
You their full support during first month of your work.
The procedure is simple and will not take more than 2 days.

Note:
You can easily find additional information at our website or feel free to ask any questions about Your duties and
salary.
I am here to help You and I will do my best to help You get along with this.
Sincerely,
Michael Rosenberg HR Manager

Lasansessile Group
Tel: +39 050 849167
Fax: +39 050 991357

(notice the word career is spelled carrier)
Before I posted anything on this site, I investigated the company. I send an email back to the individual via the email he send this through [email protected], notice it's not a company email but an email that anyone can sign up for through gmail, ymail, yahoo mail etc.etc. I haven't received an answer as of this writing.

Didn't get an answer from the email, I googled the address, after downloading the new map app by google, I google the address that's on the website, I went to google in Italy, the address came up but not the company's name. Next step, google the address and ask for any company at that address. What I came up with didn't surprise me; the company wasn't listed at that address, a Hotel was listed at that address. The Hotel Accademia Palace,

I search around the net to see if anyone else receive an email from these individual; found individual asking about this company after receiving their email. I google this title, "Anyone have info on Lasansessile Group". Please read the responses.

This type of investigating is time consuming but it's worth it. Tess I don't know if I place this in the right place, if I didn't please place it under the correct title.

I have another company that I am investigating, a Client's daughter was send a certify check from this company to purchase equipment and shipped to them in different parts of the United States. Standby I will post the results after I am finished the investigation. She was also looking for work on the web. Thank you all.

Phyliss,

Regarding your client's daughter. I had done something similiar several years ago, found out it was a scam. They would send me small items(i.e., ipods, digital cameras) and would have me send them to people out of the country and sometimes in the US. Maybe this isn't the same thing but it sure sounds like it to me. If you like feel free to contact me so I can give you more details about it.

uniquely40

Phyliss,

Regarding your client's daughter. I had done something similiar several years ago, found out it was a scam. They would send me small items(i.e., ipods, digital cameras) and would have me send them to people out of the country and sometimes in the US. Maybe this isn't the same thing but it sure sounds like it to me. If you like feel free to contact me so I can give you more details about it.
When I get the information from the client, I will PM you with the details. Thank you.

I think a good rule of thumb is that any unsolicited email offering you such a job is indeed a scam. Email addys can be purchased or scraped. I get this kind of stuff all the time in the email account for my business. They all promptly get reported as spam.

doddy939

I've received the same e-mail, also the same person, but knew of the scams that are being used via internet, targetting business, so I read a few lines, then deleted same. Thanks for posting so that others can see. There are also scams regarding money, as stated above, and using your U.S. bank account to deposit illegal money for these over seas company.

Stacy

Thank you for this note of warning and investigation. There so many scmas out there... it is hard to really weed out the truly good opportunities.

Do you ever get emails like this rquesting work to be done? Does asking for a deposit kinda weed out these type of scams? Just curious ..

uniquely40

Thank you for this note of warning and investigation. There so many scmas out there... it is hard to really weed out the truly good opportunities.

Do you ever get emails like this rquesting work to be done? Does asking for a deposit kinda weed out these type of scams? Just curious ..
Yes I am asked by others to investigate, scams like this, especially if it's something new. I take my time and investigate, before I report anything, I make sure my report is accurate. Feedback with erroneous information could be detrimental to all. Yes I am paid to invesigate, mostly that occurs when my clients feel they're being defraud.

Only one VA have asked and paid for my services, she actually found me through her client.

My site, which is dedicated to Due Diligence, has a resource page with links to the F.B.I and updated list of the scams that are out there.

Remember once a scammer sees they're being found out, they'll change the way they're playing the scam game. So I am ALWAYS, looking.:book:

Stacy

Thank you Phyllis for your info. I will bookmark your site. Hopefully I will never have to use your services but seems like scams are at a high now with the ease of the internet. Thanks for your work

Wordpro Wizard

Seems there are always new scam attempts going around and at least you have to give them an A for creativity. Here are excerpts of one I've received twice in the last few days from "Kelly Bowman" - note the poor grammar:

How are you doing today ? The Executive/Office Assistant position is still available. I will like to know if you will be interested in working as a personal assistant. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted, reliable, efficient, self motivated, organized, a good communicator, and IT literate.

... businesses of my own particularly in the real estate market and as a private lender. I'm also working for a number of companies within and outside the US as a private eye. I travel very frequently trying to expand my business and sometimes there is a work overload for me, this is the more reason I'm looking to find someone back home [which is where?] who is efficient, self-motivated, organized, a good communicator with an ability to multi-task under pressure and who can help me keep up to date with all of my activities amidst my ever busy schedule.

... I will be personally responsible for your wage and all correspondences, findings and queries would be made and promptly reported to me personally no matter the circumstance. The position is part-time you will need to set up a home-office if you don't have one; we will discuss the costs of setting this up as we move along. Most importantly, you need to have Internet and telephone access,

Your activities as amongst other things will include;* Invoicing, managing accounts receivable and/or customer account collections; * Purchasing needs;
*Handling and monitoring financial activities; * Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence; * Running personal errands [where?], supervisions and monitoring; * Organizing and maintaining diaries, memos and making appointments; * Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post [virtually?]; * A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them as they come up; * General clerical activities.

Your Wage is $550 a week after tax, pay will always be regular, and any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc [does that include air fare?) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

I'm currently in England, in the mean time we will begin unofficially and on trial pending my arrival because I have a number of important things you could begin work on immediately. Your wage remains intact even during this trial period. I hope you can be available immediately. We will arrange a meeting and set up a proper interview as soon as I return to the states.

I will require the following details [here we go] about you to filter applicants and for a personal record update;

Full Names: Full Contact Address : City: Province: [umm, you say you're in the US] Postal Code: Age: Phone Number (H)
Phone Number (M)

Laughable isn't it? And then there's the one I got yesterday, supposedly from "Craig" at Craigslist saying I'd won a $900 Ipod and "please click here" ... you've got to be kidding! Needless to say, these things just go straight into the trash.

I apologise for the length of this post but hopefully it will save some newer VAs from falling into a nasty trap.

Lynne

Last edited:
Seems there are always new scam attempts going around and at least you have to give them an A for creativity. Here are excerpts of one I've received twice in the last few days from "Kelly Bowman" - note the poor grammar:

How are you doing today ? The Executive/Office Assistant position is still available. I will like to know if you will be interested in working as a personal assistant. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted, reliable, efficient, self motivated, organized, a good communicator, and IT literate.

... businesses of my own particularly in the real estate market and as a private lender. I'm also working for a number of companies within and outside the US as a private eye. I travel very frequently trying to expand my business and sometimes there is a work overload for me, this is the more reason I'm looking to find someone back home [which is where?] who is efficient, self-motivated, organized, a good communicator with an ability to multi-task under pressure and who can help me keep up to date with all of my activities amidst my ever busy schedule.

... I will be personally responsible for your wage and all correspondences, findings and queries would be made and promptly reported to me personally no matter the circumstance. The position is part-time you will need to set up a home-office if you don't have one; we will discuss the costs of setting this up as we move along. Most importantly, you need to have Internet and telephone access,

Your activities as amongst other things will include;* Invoicing, managing accounts receivable and/or customer account collections; * Purchasing needs;
*Handling and monitoring financial activities; * Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence; * Running personal errands [where?], supervisions and monitoring; * Organizing and maintaining diaries, memos and making appointments; * Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post [virtually?]; * A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them as they come up; * General clerical activities.

Your Wage is $550 a week after tax, pay will always be regular, and any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc [does that include air fare?) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

I'm currently in England, in the mean time we will begin unofficially and on trial pending my arrival because I have a number of important things you could begin work on immediately. Your wage remains intact even during this trial period. I hope you can be available immediately. We will arrange a meeting and set up a proper interview as soon as I return to the states.

I will require the following details [here we go] about you to filter applicants and for a personal record update;

Full Names: Full Contact Address : City: Province: [umm, you say you're in the US] Postal Code: Age: Phone Number (H)
Phone Number (M)

Laughable isn't it? And then there's the one I got yesterday, supposedly from "Craig" at Craigslist saying I'd won a $900 Ipod and "please click here" ... you've got to be kidding! Needless to say, these things just go straight into the trash.

I apologise for the length of this post but hopefully it will save some newer VAs from falling into a nasty trap.

Lynne
Thank you for update on the new scam information. These type of people make it hard for us to find hones work.

VAkim

Thanks for the info. I don't understand how people think we are so stupid to fall for the scam. Amazing.

uniquely40

Phone Number (M)

Lynne
The time these scammers take to work on these schemes, if they put the internet to good use, imagine what they'll accomplish. Amazing.

periwinkle0818

Thanks for sharing these emails.

Whenever I receive emails about job offers, I always check the companies and see where they got my email address. If I know I didn't contact a company for work, I usually mark them as spam. Especially if they do sound like a scam.