Newbie here!

K

KandiceKing

Hello everybody! I just stumbled across this forum while browsing the web. I'm a new VA and just launched my new business. I hope to find some great info on this forum!

Newbie now has a question. I would post this somewhere else but I can't. I tried to post in one of the forums but it said I can't because my post count is too low. I realize I shouldn't post just to get my post count up which is not what I was doing but how the heck do you get your post count up if you can't post anywhere?

candctroll

Welcome to the forum.

You do have to have a post of of I believe 25 to post in some places. I am sure Tess will come along to verify soon. I had 25 in no time just welcoming people to the forum. :wings:

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Kandice, welcome :)
It's really not that difficult to acquire 25 posts through active participation on the boards. Yes, there are a number of sections that are exclusively for 'active' members (ie - those with 25 posts or more) but this was all explained very clearly in the PM you rec'd at signup and is not a lot to ask considering that this site is free to members, including all of the great special features and is run (and funded) solely by myself and volunteers.

There are plenty of forum sections that do not require 25 posts to partcipate - in fact, the majority are open to all registered members who wish to contribute.

kathiemt

You'll find there are plenty of places you can post Kandice, so don't worry. And welcome, great to see you here. I joined last year and it didn't take long for my posts to grow and I've met some great people here and learnt a lot too!

K

KandiceKing

Thank you everybody. I sort of figured that only some forums were open to 'active members' only but I just wanted to make sure. I do think this is a great forum and don't mind the rule at all. It really helps reduce spammers!

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kandice, you're right, but even more than reducing spammers it helps encourage member participation, which is what our little community thrives on!
Great to have you as the newest part of that and looking forward to hearing more from you :)

DeirdreS

Hello Kandice!

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on getting your business off the ground!

Look around and I KNOW you'll find lots of helpful information!!

Deirdre

Carlak

Hi Kandice and welcome. I saw that your are starting your VA business with your mom. You two will be building more than a business together. ~Carla