Please critique my site

Tess

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Vicky, I have to say, overall I quite like the look of your site. It's got a crisp presentation and a clear message.

I might offer the following suggestions just to help liven it up even more -
-the image of the guy in the middle of your home page, under the welcome message - he looks kind of grumpy, or sad, or tired or something. I'd suggest swapping his mug with someone else's - maybe your own smiling face!?

-There are no links in the 'links' section, but I gather you know that already. Any thoughts on what you'll put in there? Links to your blog? Your newsletter? Maybe a free ebook for small businesses?

-I don't see much text on your site - and what I do see other than the Services page, is centered. Left justify your text and write more about how great your services are, what your business philosphy is and what you can do for your clients!

-You have your services set up in four categories that are apparently based on ??? I can't tell - why are they set up that way and what does it mean for your clients? This setup confuses me.

-If your company name is Your Briefcase Diva why does it say 'The Briefcase Diva' in your header?

-Also, whoever built your site has done absolutely no SEO on it at all - zero, nada, zilch. SEO should be a part of any site build automatically.

I hope that helps! Please post back when you've done an update - so far so good! :)

yourbriefcasedi

Hi Tess,

First, thank you for your honest critique which I will be going back to get fixed. I think i may look for another woman, to ensure power by women. I am very fresh and haven't haven't worded my niche to what I need. I am still working on adding some kind of detail based on my job experience.

Link - Don't have any yet but looking for ideas

-Text - need something to support & service something that is very fresh and still in the draft phae. I am narrowing my nice and need to work on it.

once i make the changes I will resubmit to get critiqued again :)

obvusa

Vicky,

I've also noticed that there is no way to get back to the "Home" page. May it's intentional, but I think not.

forwardvision

Hi Vicky,

I can't seem to get on your site. My browser says page not found. Perhaps your server was down when I tried. I will try again later, but I thought I'd let you know of my difficulties in case there's a problem with your site that you need to know about.

Regards,

Jason

yourbriefcasedi

Hi Jason,

thank you for taking the time to look for my page but I cancelled it. It was up for renewal and none of the changes i wanted occurred before my contract expired. Being unemployed, I had to get rid of a lot of things so I am going to do a blog and utilize the tips from the individuals who were kind enough to critique m.

forwardvision

Hi Vicky,

Good idea to do the blog. Please let me know how you get on with it and when it's up and running.

Regards,

Jason