Rates

ftrammell81

Tell me what you think. I was thinking since I am just starting my business I would start my hourly rate at $17 right now. But for jobs like setting up a Facebook page, scheduling social media post, power points, how would I decide the rate for that. I actually have someone asking me my rate for those jobs.

SuzannaK

We don’t normally discuss rates on this forum but $17 an hour sounds like an employee rate, not a VA contractor rate. The average VA rate is $30-$35 an hour. I think all VAs should be charging at least $30. (I am talking about U.S. VAs here since it looks like you are a U.S. VA. Your rate might vary depending on where you are on the planet and where your clients are).

deedallas

I agree with Suzanna you should know your worth. But also keep this in mind that if you start out using $17 an hour. It might be an issue once you decide to increase your rates. Just adding my 2 cents. Good Luck and Welcome.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
We do not discuss rates here on VAF.

Rates are based upon a number of factors different for each VA.

I would suggest you do the research and check out other VA sites for comparable rates. There are webinars and videos and articles about setting your rate that you shaould watch and learn.

I can tell you that what you quotes is waaay too low. And a very low rate cheapens your services. Honestly, after taxes and expenses you will not have made any money on a rate like that.

You need to first determine what it is you want to make after expenses and taxes, etc.

My colleague and friend, Mary Ruth of www.VAwriting.com wrote a blog post that I quote in my eBook. Here is the link to 'How Much Does a Virtual Assistant Charge?" Here is the link http://www.writingva.com/how-much-does-a-va-charge/

Janine

ftrammell81

Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't put my rates on my site which I was actually debate about anyway. I do have my services online which I am also update. What rates are normally used for those jobs that aren't hourly?

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't put my rates on my site which I was actually debate about anyway. I do have my services online which I am also update. What rates are normally used for those jobs that aren't hourly?
Hello,

We do not discuss rates here on VAF.

Hourly and packaged rates vary from VA to VA based upon many factors such as expertise, value they bring to their clients and what number the VA wants to make after expenses.

Check out the free webinars offered in the community blog posts on how to set rates packages, which is what I believe you are referring to.

http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/blogs/

Janine