Stuck without a name

LindaS

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to come up with a business name but I am having a difficult time. Every name that I come up with is taken already. I offer a variety of services: web design/development, graphics, copywriting, SEO, analytics, social media, etc. I don't want to create a name that will limit myself either, ie Linda's Design. I want people to know that I can handle all of their online web/branding/marketing needs from beginning to end. Any thoughts on how to encompass all of these into a business name without limiting myself on what I can offer?

A few ideas names that I like, which are already taken are Altered Image, Purely Branded, Balance Interactive.

Thanks,
Linda

iAdminSolutions

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to come up with a business name but I am having a difficult time. Every name that I come up with is taken already. I offer a variety of services: web design/development, graphics, copywriting, SEO, analytics, social media, etc. I don't want to create a name that will limit myself either, ie Linda's Design. I want people to know that I can handle all of their online web/branding/marketing needs from beginning to end. Any thoughts on how to encompass all of these into a business name without limiting myself on what I can offer?

A few ideas names that I like, which are already taken are Altered Image, Purely Branded, Balance Interactive.

Thanks,
Linda
Hi Linda,

Selecting a name was a tiresome process and I am still refining it. You are on the right track not choosing a name that is limiting. Perhaps brainstorm about your personal brand and future logo design to inform the name.

Good luck!
Carone

GaryM

Hi Linda.

Where are you based? Are you going to concentrate on a local or international clientèle? I'll try and think of some names with you. :)

LindaS

I am based in NJ but I work with a variety of clients that are local, across the country or international. Thanks.

GaryM

A few that come to mind are:

Completely Sorted
Stateside Office Solutions

Or, maybe something where you can think of a nifty tagline (such as 'Your virtual helping hand/s') and building the name of the site around that?

lsmapp

Naming is the hardest part of the process I think! I'm thinking of re-branding/naming five years later because I did limit myself. So I think you're on the right track to keep a more open name. Can you do something with your "beginning to end" concept? Alpha and Omega? Something along those lines - or that can just be in your tagline. Good luck!

MaplewoodVA

Perhaps focus the name on what sets your business apart from others? Let your differences be the signpost that points to you and name accordingly.

pava13

Hi Linda,

I can relate your frustration, since I was in the same place last spring/summer. Although, I'd created a list of possibilities along with taglines, none of them really spoke to me. Eventually, I found myself poking around the Fiverr site because I was trying to contain the costs. After spending awhile reviewing profiles and comments, I settled on a person.

He claimed to provide 5 options, 3 with comments and website availability. Another big selling point was a 24-48 hr turnaround. I provided some info when I submitted the "gig" but when he picked it up, he contacted me for more info before going to work. I'm pleased to report he did "as promised" and I actually went with one of the top 3 names he provided. I am in the process of fine-tuning my service packages and writing text for my website.

I figured either the encounter would get my creative juices flowing or end up being something I'd want to use going forward. Just wanted to offer a suggestion as an option for getting "unstuck". Look forward to hearing of your progress!

Pamela A

LindaS

Thanks everyone. Every time that I focus on creating a name, I get swamped with work - a good problem to have. Unfortunately, here I am 5 years later with no name. Does anyone see a pro/con to using their name vs a company name?

I never thought of going to fiverr for help. There are so many ppl on that site that offer branding help.

pava13

Exactly, that's why I was so encouraged when I checked out the site! I hope one of those folks can help. So, you can remove one BIG item from your plate. :)