Question Team Viewer Remote Desktop

RenaAnderson

I have discovered a program called TeamViewer, that can be used for desktop sharing, which I think might be a great asset for my business. I am wondering if anyone has used it and what their opinion is of it.

Thanks, in advance, for any input I can get!:computer:

moiraesfate

I have, though not for my own business. I was Assistant General Manager at a hotel and they kept having issues. Trying to walk people through checking computer issues when they barely know how to surf the net is extremely difficult. I installed Team Viewer so that I could access their computer from home if I needed to.

It works like every other distance program. Very easy to use. Make sure to tell whoever you're working with that they shouldn't touch the mouse and keyboard while you are using it or it will get aggravating really fast.

There is an access number the program gives you. So long as you both have the correct numbers, you will be able to use it just fine.

Jennifer Cruse

I actually used it with a client and loved it! The only thing that I didn't take the time to figure out was how to keep the password required for the person who is trying to connect from changing if they should get kicked off.

RenaAnderson

Jennifer that is a good question. I am going to look into that password issue and see if I can come up with an answer. If I do, I will post a solution. Thanks for bringing that up.

twenty47

I used Team Viewer a lot in my past job and it is a really useful remote access tool. I still have it on my personal computer but haven't used it with any clients yet.

Jennifer, it is possible to set a pre defined password so that you don't have to have the random password generated all the time. I remember doing it with Team Viewer a couple of times so I just looked up something that might outline the steps much better. I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/3333...ustom-password-for-easier-remote-controlling/

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
I used to use Logmein and they went to a paid version. So I went to TeamViewer about 2 years ago and haven't looked back since. It is better than Logmein!

I have it connected to my laptop and desktop and interchange between the two depending upon where I am working.

Janine