Website/brand feedback requested

AuroraMuse

Hello everyone,

I have been working on my website/branding and wanted to get some feedback. I even got a new logo.
I am looking for opinions on the website overall, the logo, the copy and the tagline (which I use as my signature as well), anything and everything you are up for.

Looking for things like: What are your thoughts? How would you feel if you were a potential client viewing it? what do you get about me? Does what I want to portray come through?

Do not be afraid to be brutally honest! I want to hear everything good and bad.

The site is www.amuseassisting.com
Note - I don’t have the blog/tips/high fives in place yet.

My ideal clients include entrepreneurs like coaches, consultants and creators.

Also, if you want to go the extra step, could you take a picture of it on your phone (and tell me what kind you have), it looks a little funky on mine after I scroll down and back up.

Thank you all!

Tamara

I love the look of your website. Very exciting and energetic! I didn't look over everything, but I would encourage you to double check for typos. I did find one in the following sentence, "love working with people who really love of what they do and live through their genius and passions." Other than that, I think it ROCKS!

Mouthy

I really like it...and I don't like many websites and have seen pretty much everything.

I like the Set a Time widget and the High Fives a lot, vs. "testimonials". I always like when people come up with clever names for common things.

My only critical complaint is the abundance of red text—especially on the About page - at first, I thought they were links, so I hovered them with my mouse...then as I kept reading, I decided it hurt my eyes. And I wear glasses. Some food for thought.

Other than that...great job!

AuroraMuse

Tamara, thank you so much for your feedback. I had double checked my previous copy over and over, and just recently wrote whole new copy. I've gotta get some eyes on it to help me catch any typos, thank you for pointing it out.

Bobbi, Thank you so much!
High Fives is more so a list of celebrations of my clients. So for instance if my client is able to finish their book and publish it I would announce it there. It's to show what clients can accomplish usually because they have a VA or just to spread the word of their awesome accomplishments as everyone needs a little celebration from time to time. Plus its a great way for them to spread the word about new items in their business.

My testimonials are called A. Mused Fans, I hope that's clever enough too. I definitely one that loves clever names, as you can tell hehe.

hmm..good tip on the text. I was trying to make the important stuff pop, but I will give it some thought on what should change around that/how to balance it.

Thanks again to both of you!! :)

Mouthy

Hey Aurora

You're welcome. Oh, yeah, I get the difference between the A. Mused Fans and the High Fives now.

One thing I noticed after I typed all that up, was that some of the red text on other pages is far less annoying and yes...it "pops". For example, the bold, italicized dark red text that has been used minimally on the home page, I liked that. Not so much on the about. Maybe because it's bright red and not bold and that makes it harder on the eyes? Not sure.

AuroraMuse

I see it, thanks Bobbi. I will cut back on the red, probably bold the text I keep red, and perhaps just use black bold/italics for any extra text that I'd still like to highlight but not over do it. I'll see how that looks.

Thanks again!

Tamara

You are so welcome! It's so hard to catch everything when you have looked over and over it. A fresh set of eyes (or yours after a break) helps! It's something we all deal with. Good luck on getting this rolled out soon.

AuroraMuse

Bobbi, I actually realized they were different reds, so I changed it to the darker on which I purposely used as to not overwhelm the eyes. I also removed some as well.

Definitely Tamara! I found a few more little ones, I hope that's most of it.
Thank you so much! :)

GenuineSunshine

Hi Aurora,

Congratulations on your redesigned website AND new logo! I know rebranding takes a lot of time and brain power!

I love the darker red as opposed to the brighter red, because as Mouthy said it is much easier on the eyes.

One thing I would suggest on your homepage is creating an hierarchy of text/headings. The size of your headings works well. I would indent your list following "But I am also guessing you may be here because:" for more readability and to break up the block of text you currently have.

Also, on the bottom of the front page where the call to action is signing up for your newsletter, I would add space between your main text and this item and increase the size.

I hope this helps and again congratualtions!

Kira57

Congratulations on the new website and logo; I think it is very creative and eye-catching. You mentioned your ideal client would be a creator or coach, so my thinking is you will be able to catch their attention by using your website to stand out. Very awesome! I also think your "A Mused Fans" is very crafty. Love it!

One thing I have learned in creating a website, is don't make your viewers "think." Most viewers don't read everything when they first land on your site, they scan your site trying to find an answer and if they don't find it quickly, they hit the unfortunate back button. With that said, the first thing my eyes hit on your site was the words to your image, "Get Clear, Reclaim your Genius, Stay Inspired." It is a great slogan, but it doesn't explain what you do or how you will help someone. So I think you should try to incorporate that somewhere your viewers first look. Just a thought. The good thing is you used the word "you" on your home page in the beginning, which is what will attract them. Always use "you" versus "I" :)

Also, I noticed when I resized the page in FireFox, your home page image doesn't measure/fit right at times.

Hope this helps and I made sense in my explanation!

AuroraMuse

Thanks Genuine Sunshine! I will try out your suggestion and see how it looks. I actually started with a huge block of text previously with no breaks.

As for the newsletter, I was thinking of having a button for the newsletter but a break and text increase might be an easier solution. I just wasn't 'advertising' it too much yet because I don't have a newsletter set up yet. But will be changing the set up soon.

Thank you Kira! Totally made sense. I was thinking having the slogan + the website name having the word "assisting" in it would be enough, but let me think about it more.

Uuuggghhh...I'm getting a little annoyed at the tech problems...I'll have to see if I can fix it, thank you for letting me know.

Thank you both!!!

Mouthy

Bobbi, I actually realized they were different reds, so I changed it to the darker on which I purposely used as to not overwhelm the eyes. I also removed some as well.
Looks MUCH better! I figured you'd find the other red and notice the difference ;)

Call me Bobbi Jo, if you please!

fresh-assist

Hi Aurora - great site! Love the colours and the photo at the top is really eye-catching!

Some advice that I have been given regarding the skills page is to group like items together as it's a bit easier on the eye and makes for easier understanding of what you can do to help people - just a thought!

But I really like the site overall!

AuroraMuse

Sorry Bobbi Jo, you got it! And yea.. I think I had meant to fix it and had thought I did, took a break and then just posted it. So much back and forth, heh. Well thanks again!

Ah yes Hayley, that is something I meant to do (and even suggested it to someone else recently too). I think I had trouble categorizing them well but I'm going to try again cause I agree it would be nicer. Thank you so much for the suggestion and feedback. :)

You all rock!!

Mouthy

No need to apologize. Too many people leave off the "Jo". I have no idea why. So it's not like it doesn't happen all the time ;)

Good luck with your site!

JenSMA

Hi Aurora,

LOVE the header image - so clever and cute!

A few things I noticed:

On your High Fives page, you've got "[catlist id=1]" at the bottom of the content.
On your Services page, you misspelled constantly with "consonantly."
I would also have Skills as a primary navigation button, rather than having to dig for it under your About button.

My two cents :)

Good luck with it!
Jennifer

AuroraMuse

Thanks so much Jennifer!

High Fives is still under construction, that's just a piece of code that's not current'y working, I will have to figure it out. Might just put "coming soon"
Thanks for the misspell on the services page, great catch!
As for Skills, I originally had it as its own button but then the header gets too bulky so I had to consolidate. I'll think about mixing it around, thanks!!

AuroraMuse

I just noticed your message Bobbi Jo, I think its because we are used to spaces in names to mean First name and Middle/last name, so you only say the first part. And we're probably used to only needing to write one name when addressing someone unless you are being formal. But it does sound good together. :)

AuroraMuse

BTW I realized I didn't even have a contact page! Not even drafted up.

As for categorizing the skills, I gave it another go. I felt like I wasn't sure what professional/official name I should give each group so I set it up as "these will help you with X part of your business". Hopefully that works well. Thanks again!