Question What online software did you use in Social Media Marketing as a Beginner

Jcblue

What online softwares did you use in Social Media Marketing as a Beginner? and how did you learn them? :computer:

ASmithVAdmin

Re: What online softwares did you use in Social Media Marketing as a Beginner

When I first started in Social Media I looked at all free tools. I instantly went to Hootsuite. From there I watched YouTube videos and starting reading blog posts from Kim Garst and Mari Smith.. Guy Kawasaki is also a great resource. Sometimes the best education is also looking up others in the industry and just watching what they post/how they post on Social Networks. :)

Hope this helps!

LeeDrozak

Community Leader

My go to is definitely Bufferapp and I am testing out MeetEdgar but that may not be a beginner thing because it is pricey.

Hey April,

I signed up for Hootsuite based on your recommendation and I like it! It's easy to use and to understand for a beginner like myself. I will also check out the videos and blog posts from the people that you mentioned to get a better understanding of the software.

Thanks.

Emmeelue84

I have always used Hootesuite to manager social media for myself and my clients.

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader

April has great advice. I particularly like that she mentioned that she researched and learned on her own through YouTube videos and reading blog posts from the pros in the industry.

It takes work to learn something new. And getting started is often the most difficult to do because the unknown can be challenging.

There is so much online to learn from...and for free. Google is your best friend.

I used Hootsuite to begin with but now I am with Buffer.

Janine

alannahmvw

Hey April,

I signed up for Hootsuite based on your recommendation and I like it! It's easy to use and to understand for a beginner like myself. I will also check out the videos and blog posts from the people that you mentioned to get a better understanding of the software.

Thanks.
you can also use the hootsuite analytics so that you will know the metrics and statistics of your postings.

ennovationc

We use ShoutLet.
It's a great experience.

Susankelly

I love Buffer, have used it for ages.

alannahmvw

When I started with social media I was doing things manually. And in the long run I needed something to stick with my hectic schedule.

There are a lot of tools hootsuite is really good and reliable when it comes to managing
your social media activities.

I just wanted to follow up and say that I downloaded and LOVE HootSuite! My favorite part is that it lets you schedule your posts. It saves me sooo much time!

vass7

My favorite is Hootsuite, but I use Buffer as well.

willowadmin

I'm loving Hootsuite but will check out Buffer too. Have heard good things about both Hootsuite and Buffer.

As Janine mentioned, Google is a great way to find out and learn more, it certainly helped me to pick up some Social Media tips.

I started off with Hootsuite as I'd researched social media strategy blogs and it was recommended in one. I never took to it too much - due to my lack of understanding more than likely but I've recently tried out Buffer, I much prefer it!

So a vote for Buffer from me