What Project Management Software do you use?

What Project Management Software do you use?

• Microsoft Project

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smartsheet

• Huddle

• Liquid Planner

• Zoho Project

• ManyMoon

• ClientSpot

• Basecamp

• AtTask

• Other

• Total voters

ancfun

Re: What PM Software do you use?

I am new to PM software and love reading these responses. Looks like there is no "magic fix" that everyone loves.

semershon

I use TeamworkPM, great for tracking tasks, issues, risks as well as capturing time per tasks.

WorkSmart

One of my clients just introduced me to "Things" (Mac only). It's really excellent for scheduling projects and tasks. You can drag emails and documents into it so that everything is in one place.

Leanne

VAKitteh

I use Asana, so far it looks OK, but I have to manually put tasks into my Google calendars

We have been using the Zoho project management and love it. Very easy to use and the clients can enter all of the needs quickly and easily and can check on their projects without having to call in. The CRM is free with the Projects paid version and the calendar can import the Google Calendar but can not export back out- They say they are working on that. There is a free version of this as well to check it out.

reneeshupe

My choice is completely. Different from everyones. I've created a variety of templates and use a combination of Evernote (something I'm using everyday day already) and a new task management program called Sandglaz. I only work on projects so I don't need to track time in the same way as many VAs.

Its a unique set up that works for me and incorporates systems I'm already using everyday, plus its very inexpensive in comparison to other setups.

msloehn

Like others here I am new to the PM software search. Up until now I have simply used my Outlook Calendar and blocked off my time for each client there and then put it into a daily work sheet that I then email to my client - which just indicates start and end time with an detailed outline of the activities - which is in Excel.

I have never heard of these with the exception of Zoho and I am going to add this project to the todo list on finding one that will give me what I want and maybe utilize current methods. There is always room for improvement.

Thank you! - I have also used MS Project Management.

msloehn

We have been using the Zoho project management and love it. Very easy to use and the clients can enter all of the needs quickly and easily and can check on their projects without having to call in. The CRM is free with the Projects paid version and the calendar can import the Google Calendar but can not export back out- They say they are working on that. There is a free version of this as well to check it out.
Good Evening,

I have a question about Zoho and their project management and CRM. I currently am only using the FREE 3 User CRM but after reading this post looked into using their PM version and purchasing it monthly so that I was paying for one thing or a package. I emailed Zoho as I wasn't able to find the PM with CRM as part of it.

The sales guy emailed me saying that I'd have to pay for both of them individually. I am not sure if he is saying this to make money or whatever. I have tried to call them a few times and am always directed to a voice mail as well as email seems to be almost a day behind from when I send it to get a response. Ex. I got an email from Zoho this morning at 8 am I sent them back a reply and just now at 7:20 pm EST I got a reply to my PM/CRM question.

I would like to know if you could tell me more about the PM/CRM combo or who you went through if it is still possible. (every penny counts right now)

I love my Zoho - don't care for their "support" availability - but I need to make a decision ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me....

Patricia L.:juggle::mad2:

hbplifestyle

We use Basecamp however looking into other options. They charge alot considering others have very similar options.

If my clients want to view / track / amend the progress I use basecamp, if we just agree on timings and they do not want to view online I create a critical path per client per project, agree dates and we both work to that which has worked well with many of my clients so far.

ashields1133

Well, this is one more thing I have to add to the to do list! I wish there was more of a clear cut standout pm that everyone was using!

On My Wings

Hi Gloria - You can find the poll results by going back up next to the poll box and in the bottom right corner there is a link. Unfortunately, not that many people responded, and the majority say "other" as their choice...with basecamp coming in second.

Angi - I agree with you to the max! There are a bunch of choices out there. They all have amazing features, but all different. Some even have time-tracking, which can be good for our industry. I would suggest just googling "Compare Project Management Software" or "Compare Project Management Software for Business" and do a review.

Watch to make sure that the review or comparisons are not being put out by the top product on the list...because obviously that would be biased. Think about the services you offer your client, your budget, and most of all think of features such as compatibility across platforms (so your clients can share), and ease of migration (should you decide to start small and then later when your budget allows, that it will allow you to migrate everything to another product easier.

Too many choices can be quite overwhelming.

vrsi-office

My "other" is myIntervals. It has great features including time tracking and invoicing. It also has a very robust reporting feature and free client access.

I believe there are several other VA's on this forum who also utilize myIntervals.

Julie
:sunny:

TheUltimatePA

I use Freshbooks. It has project updating, billing, and time tracking; plus the client can see your progress (or not) as well as how much is in their account and when they need to "replenish" the funds.

I love Freshbooks actually. :thumbsup:

jltaylor

One that I have used in the past is Trello. It is free, and I like the user interface. However, I am now leaning toward either Mavenlink or MyIntervals.