Question Where do most of your new clients come from?

Where do MOST of your new clients come from?

• Networking Referrals (from Networking Groups)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Word of Mouth Referrals (from previous clients)

• Social Media Contacts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)

• Direct Marketing (postcards, phone calls, PR, etc)

• Visitors from your own website

• Referrals from Family or Friends

• Blog or Article/PR Readers

• Other (please comment)n

• Total voters

mak39

My clients come from different directions, this forum, people per hour, LinkedIn or twitter.

VAforLife

From referrals :) My business thrives on referrals since I started it and take note - I did not have a website to market my services! Yet, it was awesome!

lisa4jvs

Although most of my clients have been from referrals, I'm starting to see a shift. I've responded to a few job openings, submitted my 'have you considered a VA?' letter and made several conversions.

alicespencer

I'm not actively looking for clients since I'm still trying to get the business set up (website, becoming more active in social media, contracts, policies etc). One of the first things I did was reach out to other VA's, friends and family. I've gotten a couple of referrals, but I've also had several people contact me wanting to know more about what I do and if I can help them. Those people are either the folks I've already reached out to, or their friends, family etc. Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

KathiWalsheck

Yes, I agree. I am a Virtual Assistant and have a certificate as a Medical Assistant. I do billing and coding and virtual filing for my clients too.

Referrals for me too, however they are not all from clients. I get a lot from word of mouth for those who have heard me speak or met me at an event and gotten tips from me.

I also get inquiries from here too. Two of my last inquiries found me because of this very forum.
I love hearing that people get a lot of referrals. I haven't officially launched yet, so I'm not sure yet where most of my clients will come from. I believe they will mostly start from face to face networking.

MissChelseaNS

Right now, most are coming from eLance. :( I'm planning on marketing myself more to get out of that as I think I could be making far more money elsewhere.

FlintVS

Most of my clients have been from referrals over the years. Work with a client, do good work, they pass the word onto friends and colleagues.

DeniceW

I'm just starting out and my clients have come from networking referrals. So I've been doing a lot more in person networking in the last couple weeks. I'm following up and hope to have more clients through that avenue.

Last edited:

AwakenedKeynote

This is so true- but I am at the point where the people closest to me are not my ideal client any longer. I started my business as a virtual assistant but not I am moving more into a consultant/adviser to business owners. I am looking to partner with other virtual assistants and marketing businesses to offer the best to small businesses looking to advertise and brand their businesses locally.

I need to network more, and looking to bring direct marketing back into my advertising mix. I love my WordPress website.

Looking to network and looking for advice on how to expand my services into a consultant business model. :bulb:

kaylagwilliams

This post is great! I've got some new ideas to network. I have found my current clients by directly contacting them. I agree that working with the people closest to you are not always ideal. I've found it difficult to switch hats from personal to professional with them. Though, starting out professionally, and getting to know them well enough to be more personal seems to work fine.

mzzbrown

OK ladies I need HELP. I have everything put together, ready for some clients. Where should I go? I have a website, NO bites, I sent out several email, fliers, I'm ready to go. Another question........Is it possible to get clients from freelance sites???

KathiWalsheck

I chose direct mail. I did postcards and got a huge response. I however did call them after they got the card and then sealed the deal.