Would appreciate feedback on name

PatriciaM

Hi, My daughter and I are starting a VA business and after much research and brainstorming have come up with Borderless Administrative Services as our name. Would appreciate any thoughts/comments. Thanks!

Your Virtual Wizard

Community Leader
I'd like to ask why you selected 'Borderless'. Is it because your services will cross borders as in countries?

I don't know if I like the word Borderless. When I hear this word, I am reminded of the organization, Doctors Without Borders which I think has more of a flow to it.

Maybe if I understand the reason for using the word I may understand it better.

I do like the duality of the business though...a mother-daughter operation. Maybe there is something that could be named expounding upon the originality of that pairing.

Janine

PatriciaM

Thanks for the feedback! As to the Borderless...

I am coming from the corporate world and the new reality for my former corporation as well as others is that there is a Director in the northeast US with employees in the south and west and the UK for example. It is used to signify that work can be accomplished regardless of the location(s) using the tools available to us virtually.

tlvest35

I absolutely love it, that is the hardest part it seems, who would have known finding out the name of your company.

PatriciaM

Thanks, hope you and your daughter have wonderful success and fun working together. I'm really enjoying working with my daughter and moving on to this new phase of our lives.

Brenda444

Hi Patricia,

I'm new here so take my response as that of a newbie, but I like the name. It gets the point across - you're global, and you provide admin services. I'm a search engine geek, though, and I always think about how people will search for the business. I would think they would look for "virtual assistant" (maybe not - experienced VAs please correct me if I'm wrong!) so although I think you can get away with not having those words in your name, I would use them somewhere in your website and other marketing efforts.

PatriciaM

Thanks Brenda. Very good point regarding the search aspect. I think I will need to make sure the word virtual is in my tagline as well as website, etc.

vrsi-office

When I hear the name Borderless Administrative Services, I think of offering all types of services....your services are limited or borderless.

Or that you are virtual and you can help anyone from anywhere. Otherwords you do not need to be local to use your services.

I like the name. However the domain BorderlessAdministrativeServices.com is a bit long for someone to type. Longer domains tend to get missed typed (both in email and on browsers). You might also want to register a shortened version of the domain to use for email. You can also set-up a 301 redirect so that anyone who types the shortened name in a browser will be automatically redirected to BorderlessAdministrativeServices.com.

Julie

PatriciaM

Great information Julie and much appreciated. So many different things to think of. Expert advice is a welcome timesaver!