Yet another what flooring should I get thread?

I'm renovating a kitchen, and will need to decide on what flooring style to get in 2021. This requires flooring to be ran through kitchen, dining area, living room, and hallways. 650 square foot, to be exact.

I'm experienced in installing laminate flooring. My opinion on laminate flooring depends on the quality of it that I'm installing. I've installed some "entry" grade laminate (8mm). It's louder (more clicky), but even this "entry" water resistant has stood up to be really water resistant after 3-4 years (it passed the 5 day bathtub submersion test too). I've installed some mid-grade laminate (10mm) that is waterproof (supposedly) and it feels much better underfoot, stiffer, and dead-quiet (no clicky sounds). I can attest that after a year being in a room where beer is made, the water-resistant properties seem very real. I was sure that I was going to install at least this same grade flooring throughout the whole house because I was pleased with the quality.

Until I talked to multiple flooring experts.

Flooring expert 1: "No one buys laminate anymore flooring redding. I removed all laminate products from my store. You need to go for vinyl planks."

Flooring expert 2: "I wouldn't put vinyl in my "forever home". I'd go with laminate."

Flooring expert 3: "I rarely ever sell laminate anymore. It's almost always LVP for a synthetic floor"

Lowes/HD big-box stores seem to have an even split of vinyl and laminate (doesn't appear that any are "fading".

So I'm in this weird conundrum where I don't know what to do. My fear with LVP is that it will feel squishy underfoot. I'm wanting something that feels as solid as a 10mm quality laminate. I'm also worried that more subfloor prep is needed since vinyl planks are thinner than laminate. So I'm wondering how much more installation cost is going to be necessary. I've never had to level out my floors for laminate (I would go through and sand any high spots, but I haven't "leveled" any subfloors), so I would rather trust an installer to do that, not me.

My house has a a 40 foot and a 30 foot run. I was also warned that laminate cannot run that long, which is why I have two ugly transitions right now. I want transition-free flooring.

I found a quote from poppameth that he said:

"The standard run for any floating floor is a 30 foot plane before you need a joint. I've seen people go over this without any issues, but 30' is considered "safe". The more doorways you go through, the riskier it gets running for longer distances without a break. Usually we put a T-mold in most doorways to be safe, unless the customer has to have a smooth floor throughout. The more breaks you put in, the more you separate movement. Each room moves on it's own this way. No breaks means, the whole house of laminate has to move as a single plane. When it's weaving in and out of doorways and around multiple walls, you could be asking for trouble doing it with no breaks. You may also need to allow more of an expansion joint around the walls. The further you run with no breaks, the more it will need for expansion on the whole. Check with the manufacturer of the product for specifics on that. "

This may automatically preclude my from laminate. If so, how can I assure I have the proper feel vinyl flooring that I want?